Peel Regional Aquarium Club Fall Auction, Fish Show & Shrimp Competition – Sunday November 5th, 2017
Our Auction & Show is open to All Aquarium Hobbyist Buyers & Sellers, PRAC Members & Non-Members alike, & all aquarium pet enthusiasts. There is no cover charge. The PRAC auction often brings in 1000+ items. Lots include fish, invertebrates, plants & live food cultures bred & raised by local & out-of-town hobbyists. PRAC Auctions regularly attract buyers and sellers from around the Greater Toronto Area, Southern Ontario, Quebec, New York State and beyond.
PRAC Aquarium Auction is open to the public & it's the perfect place to acquire Fish, Invertebrates (esp. Shrimp ) & Plants not often seen in your LFS, (local fish store). We'll also have NEW & Used ( some restrictions apply. See Sellers Rules for details ) equipment & dry goods such as filters, heaters, tanks (40g &under), aquarium stands, books, food or other related aquatic items.
PRAC is excited to announce our auction will be conducted using the MyGroupAuctions online registration and recording system, a very user friendly and efficient program.
ONLINE PRE–REGISTRATION for SELLERS is REQUIRED and available at MyGroupAuctions.com.
REAL–TIME LIVE LIST of ALL AUCTION Items is available ONLINE to both Registered Buyers & Sellers alike.
PRE–REGISTER at MyGroupAuctions.com if interested in viewing a live list online of all auction items. More Info in Sellers Rules.
Plenty of Free Parking, Family Friendly & Lunch / Snacks / Refreshments available.
Buyers are welcome all day!
Auction Rules & Procedures
Buyers: Sunday Nov 5th, 2017, Auction starts at 10:00 AMBuyers Auction Rules.pdf
- All wishing to participate in buying at the PRAC auction can register in person on auction day, from 9:00 AM onwards to obtain a bidder card. Form of payment : CASH ONLY, due on each winning bid. — ATM Banking machine across the street. — ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- There will be a preview period prior to, & during intermissions throughout the auction. You can also preview all lots online at MyGroupAuctions.com(registration required). All upcoming lots will be displayed on a presentation screen.
- PRAC Auctions are live, lively & fast-paced, and is a variant of the Japanese Auction Style, except you remain seated & raise your bidder card in designated bidding areas only(main seating in front of auctioneers & in line at Cashier).
- To bid. . . raise your bidder card up high at beginning of lot being auctioned & keep bidder card raised as long as you're interested in this lot. Make sure the auctioneer sees you (BE vocal, YUUUUP! Wave card around). If you lower your bidder card at any time, you will be considered out of the bidding for that particular lot. ONLY use bidder card to signal a bid( as auctioneer will not consider your hand). Last bidder card remaining up, wins bid & the lot item.
- Reminder : Auctioneers will announce each new bid & you will get a chance to raise your bidder card. But after bidding has started no new cards will be recognized as active bidders. This is much simpler for the auctioneers to keep track of bidders.
- All items are sold on an "as is basis". Please, thoroughly inspect any items you are interested in before purchasing. Once the auctioneer announces an item sold, ownership immediately transfers to the winning bidder. PRAC representatives or auctioneers give no guarantee or warranty on any items in the auction.
- Runners bring all winning lots to cashier table. At this time, walk over to cashier, present your bidder card, pay for & take your items back to your seat. PRAC representatives will provide assistance to those who need extra help. When bidding on a number of lots in a row, you can wait to pay & collect your lots at the cashier within a reasonable time, 5 minutes or so.
- Once purchased, buyers are responsible for the security of their own lots or items. PRAC, auction staff, volunteers & venue will not be responsible for items once purchased. All purchased items must be removed by end of auction day.
- PRAC kindly asks all Styrofoam containers & coolers not be placed on chairs, but rather under chairs or placed at end of an aisle(without blocking) as seats & space will be limited. Please be courteous to your fellow hobbyist. Keep noise to a minimum. Please dispose of all garbage & recycling in designated receptacles. Our volunteers welcome your help to tidy up during & after the auction.
- Tables to be auctioned in random order, starting with the first. All remaining table will be auctioned in random order & will be posted as the auction begins. PRAC Auction will NOT offer "bump-ups" on auction items, as we move quickly through the lots. Auction ends when all lots are sold.
- Starting Price will be $2.00 & minimum bid increment will be $1.00 or more at the discretion of the auctioneer.
- The auctioneer's decision is final and absolute.
Sellers: Sunday Nov 5th, 2017, Auction starts at 10:00 AMSellers Auction Rules.pdf
- Pre–Registration Online for Sellers starts One Week Prior to Auction Date. Your lots can only be entered during this period at MyGroupAuctions.com. An online user guide is available to answer any questions on how to register, etc. Sellers must Pre–register by creating an account. After creating account, sellers can Join our PRAC Auction Group, enter your items / lots with descriptions & photos & then you can also print sheets / labels for your bags.
- IMPORTANT : STOP FEEDING YOUR FISH 2 TO 3 DAYS PRIOR to Bagging. * Never blow into bag with mouth *. Use 75% air & 25% Water. Use an air pump to fill, or close your bag by grabbing it high & twisting down to form into a taut balloon. Buckets, tanks and bowls will be allowed to house the fish for the auction & container will become part of and sold along with the fish it contains. Improperly bagged fish will not be allowed in the auction. Remember, healthy fish get higher prices. For leaking or improperly bagged fish, a re-bagging fee of $2.00 each will be levied to sellers. PRAC reserves the right to reject any leaky bags, livestock that appears to be deformed, sick or otherwise unsuitable items for sale.
- NEED HELP ? No Email or Computer ? A PRAC rep will be available to assist with pre-registering & entering lots online for those without means to do so. Please contact our Auction Chair ( TBA for 2017 ) and provide our rep with the lots you wish to sell at the PRAC auction.
- Sellers entering the following information into the “description” field in
MyGroupAuctions.com usually benefit from higher prices. Also, photos on bags & correct info = more $$$
- Please use proper terminology in your descriptions
- Species Name (scientific and common if applicable)
- Quantity in Bag, sex if determinable
- PAIR denotes a male/female of a species
- TRIO denotes 2 females & 1 male of a species
- REVERSE TRIO denotes 2 males & 1 female of a species
- BREEDING PAIR/TRIO denotes the Fish has spawned successfully
- COLONY denotes a mix of males & females of a species
- Brief Description along with a picture of the mature fish is recommended
- Day of Auction : PRAC will ONLY accept Pre–registered items or lots, entered on MyGroupAuctions.com website before the deadline (See Sellers Rule 1). ***Absolutely NO WALK-INS*** (See Sellers Rule 3)
- Day of Auction : Check–in for Pre–Registered Sellers begins at 9:00 AM & finishes at 9:45 am. Please arrive early and report to a PRAC representative to receive your Official PRAC printed labels. All items MUST have an Official PRAC-generated label. The auction staff will not forward items up for auction unless they bear our label. We will have all labels printed & available on the day of the auction, and you can pick up your label sheets when you check in your items or lots.
- After receiving your PRAC labels, affix them to your bags/lots and submit all your items back to a PRAC rep for inspection and table placement. No lots will be accepted to the auction without a PRAC printed label. Also, if a label is altered in anyway, it may be rejected. For every missing Pre–Registered Lot not brought to the auction by the seller, the seller must hand in the extra PRAC labels so these lots can be retired from the auction system.
- Once all lots have been auctioned off, the Auction Program will close & Sellers reports will be produced. These reports will be detailed as to the lot that you registered online and the price it obtained in the auction minus PRAC's commission. Sellers will receive 70% of the proceeds of a sale. No sellers will be paid out until the end of the entire auction. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All “No Sale” lots will be put aside to be picked up by the seller. Any lots not claimed after end of auction, will become property of PRAC and disposed of at the discretion of the auction chair.
- Sellers Payment: At the end of auction, sellers will receive their report for review . Please have your bidder card & I.D. ready for verification. Should you decide not to wait for payment; a cheque will be mailed within 7 business days to the address provided when you registered online. A $4.00 admin fee will be deducted from the total owing to cover additional costs of mailing. Also, if PRAC encounters technical difficulties, cheques will be mailed in the same manner.
- Neither PRAC, auction volunteers nor the auction site will be held responsible for loss or damage occurring before, during or after the auction.
- All Equipment & Dry Goods must be BNIB 'Brand New In Box or Bag' or USED, in proper working order
& clean. PRAC reserves the right to reject any item that
appears to be unsuitable for sale at the auction. Plants & livestock restricted by federal or provincial statutes will not be accepted.
See List Below.
- USED ITEMS 'YES' EXCEPTION LIST
- Aquariums up to 40gal & / or stands ( must be cleaned with no leaks or damages )
- Books ( related to Aquarium Hobby )
- Filters, Heaters, Air pumps, Canopies & Light Fixtures ( must be cleaned & in proper working order )
- Driftwood, Collectables
- Food & Medication ( Un-opened & un-expired ) is acceptable.
- PRAC reserves the right to refuse any item at the door not meeting these minimum standards.
- Absolutely NO USED GRAVEL & NO ROCKS
PRAC thanks you very much for your continued support!
Where is the PRAC Aquarium Auction, Fish Show & Shrimp Competition?
This Year's 2017 PRAC Auction & Aquarium Show will be held at :
The Bramalea Lions Hall
45 Avondale Blvd, Brampton, ON L6T 1H1
just north of Steeles, off Bramalea Rd &
(close to Finatics Aquarium Shop)
PRAC Club links
Peel Regional Aquarium Club
2016 Fall Show Classes
BBC Betta Breeders of Canada – Local Show Class List
Division A: Longfin Halfmoon Singletail Betta
- A1. Longfin Halfmoon Singletail Male
- A2. Longfin Halfmoon Singletail Female
Division B: All Other Varieties ( AOV ) Crowntails, Vail Tails, Double Tails, Giants & Dumbo Betta
- B1. AOV Male or Female
Division C: Shortfin Singletail Betta
- C1. Shortfin Male
- C2. Shortfin Female
Total Classes: 5
*This show makes no distinction between people showing bought or self-bred fish. All betta fish are welcome *
Trans Canada Guppy Group
– Show Class List
Delta Tail Guppy
- AG1. Male
- AG2. Female
Swordtail Guppy, All Styles
- BG1. Male
All Guppy Varieties - Delta, Sword or WGA
- CG1. Pairs
World Guppy Association ( WGA ) Style
- DG1. Male
Total Classes: 5
SOKS Southern Ontario Killifish Society
– Show Class List
- AK1. Aphyosemion
- AK2. Fundulopanchax
- AK3. Killifish, All Other Varieties ( AOV )
Total Classes: 3
Shrimpsters Group – Show Class List
Neocaridina Shrimp Class
- AS1. Rili Type
- AS2. All Other Varieties ( AOV )
Caridina Shrimp Class
- BS1. Crystal Red
- BS2. Crystal Black
- BS3. Taiwan Bee
- BS4. Tiger
Total Classes: 6
PRAC 2016 Show Rules & Downloadable Sheets
PRAC Specialty Fish / Shrimp Show Rules:PRAC 2016 General Show Rules pdf
PRAC 2016 Show Entry Form.pdf
PRAC 2016 ShowTags.pdf
PRAC 2016 ShowTags.docx
- On Sunday Nov 6th, 2016, PRAC Fish Show will be open to the public & all Aquarium Enthusiasts.
- PRAC is inviting Specialty Clubs / Organizations to host & judge the show.
The Clubs are:
- Anyone is eligible to enter any number of fish/shrimp. You need not be a member of an Aquarium club.
- Registration opens 8:00am & all fish/shrimp must be registered by 9:45am.
- Entrants must provide their own clear container (with the required one flat side & a cover which can be removed for judging) and water for each entry in show. We will also post the winners on our website
- We will announce when the Show opens for public viewing, after 1:00 pm or when judging is complete.
- Get your Fish & Shrimp ready for a Fantastic Aquarium Show with 1st, 2nd & 3rd Prize in each Class & Best of Show for each Category
- General Show Rules in the blue bars. Please also refer to each Club's Own rules in the blue bars above.